Monday, August 13, 2007

The Cloud In My Dreams

I reach my hands up to the clouds
And I grab the side one cloud that interests me
I pull myself up onto the cloud
I look around and I see things that I don’t normally see
For we live in a world full of hate, violence, and poverty
And on this cloud, I don’t see any of these things

Instead, I see monkeys playing with hippos
And I see dogs playing with cats
I see butterflies flying with birds
And I see snakes talking with rats.

There is no hunger and there is no pain
There is no poverty and there is no violence
I only see happiness
It’s a happiness in which I have never seen before

In this day and age,
it’s almost impossible for that to happen
But if we all come together,
We can make a difference

The cloud I saw is so unlike the world in which we live
Because on this cloud
Everyone gets along…
Unfortunately, this cloud is only a dream.

No comments: